Commentary:Law and Oracle
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- The original concept for the story began with the complex idea of someone who was travelling backwards in time, who ended up being the son of Fry and Leela. The idea was scrapped after the staff discovered that it wasn't funny enough.
- John DiMaggio is the voice actor of Sound Effects 5000.
- Chief O'Mannahan is one David X. Cohen's favourite characters of the year.
- The original name for the episode was "Frynority Report", but it was changed due to legal reasons.
- There much much discussion for the Circuit City scene about whether to be inspired by "old Tron" or "new Tron".
- The crew explain the Schrödinger's cat paradox.
- The 3D on Pandora actually works, depending on the type of 3D glasses used.
- The hovering screens in this episode were much easier to animate than the eyePhones in "Attack of the Killer App".
- URL's casual clothing is based off of Samuel Jackson.
- There was additional backstory between URL and Chief O'Mannahan that was cut from the final version.
- Billy West wonders how Hedonism Bot can walk down a set of spiral stairs.
- The guard dog is not voiced by Frank Welker, but John DiMaggio.
- The invisible safe was simply a "cool idea" that they decided would also deflect Fry's gunshot.
- The gag with Fry looking away was a very late addition added in "the last seconds of production".