Commentary:My Three Suns
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- After season one they stopped putting opening clips in front of the Opening Sequence
- Why David X. Cohen's middle initial is X
- Fry going to a strange planet and drinking the emperor was one of Matt's first ideas for episodes
- Bender was meant to be a chef from the begining then they made him lazy then back to a chef
- Fry has been cut up so many times in the series
- Episode 7 is the first time they make fun of the catchphrase 'Good News Everyone'
- Fry and Zoidbergs's faces were a bit wide or small in some scenes
- The ship seems to land far away from where they are going to
- They discuss Zoidberg's voice
- Matt has never watched Star Trek
- David is never NOT watching Star Trek
- They researched to see if a planet could orbit three suns
- They tried to count the number of swear words in the show but lost count
- They asked Matt why Futurama set in the year 3000 and not in someother year
- Where the design of Dr. Zoidberg came from
Highlights / Quotes
- David X. Cohen: So Steward Burns you wrote this episode where does the car wash sequence come from?
- Matt Groening: Like David said this was one of the first ideas for the shows we thought what if he was a delivery boy and what if he drank the Emperor
- Billy West: (citing his inspiration for Zoidberg's voice) George Jessel. He had a voice like there was a potato lodged in his throat.
Matt Groening: How'd you know about George Jessel?
Billy West: How'd I know about him? I'm practically fifty, Matt!
- David X. Cohen: I think we've had more physics discussions than any other show.
Billy West: And a lot of drinking.
David X. Cohen: That's what happens when you give up on the physics discussions.