From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- Fox didn't understand the show, the suicide booths or Dr. Zoidberg.
- Where Billy got the voices for his characters.
- How hard it was to animate the martini glasses that Bender has.
- How hard it was to animate the conveyor belts in that same scene.
- Some of the animation wasn't up to scratch.
- How they make fun of New Jersey and how they were the first to bash it.
- How brilliant Hattie is.
- How the episode resembles the odd couple.
- One of the designers was upset the nice chair was to be destroyed.
- Frames were cut from Amy's fall to make it quicker and more violent.
- Talk about LoBrau beer existing from the 20th Century to the 31st Century when most products went out of business
- The digital technologies used in the show and how it differs from traditional, hand coloured cells.
- Explanation on how and why Bender's neck is bent.
- Matt Groening wonders if anybody understands that owls are the new animal pests.
- New doors in Fry's room (Bender's closet) "come and go."
- Billy talks about how the closing credits are always squished into a 1" x 1" section on the screen.
Highlights / Quotes
- Matt Groening: This show got off to a rough start Fox thought it was too out of space so this brought it back to Earth.
- Unknown: This is when we first see Calculon, a moment in television history.
- David X. Cohen: I'm not gonna go into the full answer of this question, but the nerdiest, computeriest viewers out there might want to look up Bender's apartment number in the ASCII chart.
- David X. Cohen: The New Jersey bashing begins, resuming in episode 9, probably a few other ones here and there. Episode 8 also.
- Matt Groening: Can I admit something? I have never seen the Odd Couple. I really, I haven't.
David X. Cohen: Oh really, you haven't? Well then we also made up that cigar joke that you're seeing.