Commentary:The Cyber House Rules
From The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki
Topics of Discussion
- There was originally about fifteen pages worth of sad stuff about the orphanarium.
- Attempting to remember who voiced the orphans.
- The shot of Leela poking at her eye is not disturbing if you wear contact lenses.
- They get away with the episode because despite Bender mistreating the kids, they're always happy.
- Matt has never drawn eyebrows on any of his characters, so he finds Adlai's disturbing.
- Pretty Woman was inserted at the animatic stage and left there because it worked well.
- Obviously, they did have to pay for it.
- Agreement that Leela looks better with one eye.
- Rich Moore, unlike the actors, has a David X. Cohen impression.
- Mentioned David auditioning for the role of Bender. He hopes they don't have the tape anymore.
- Adlai's house is modelled off Leave it to Beaver.
- This episode was nominated for a Media Access Award for positive portrayal of the handicapped.
Highlights / Quotes
- Maurice LaMarche[During intro]: I'm Maurice LaMarche. I'm not sure I acted in this episode, but I'm here.
- Morbo[episode]: Puny Earthlings, one day my race will destroy you all!
Maurice LaMarche: That's totally different from Lrrr, and Horrible Gelatinous Blob.