|← Previous||Navigation in production order||Next →|
|Season 7 episode|
Broadcast season 9 episode
|Written by||Eric Horsted|
|Directed by||Lance Kramer|
|First air date||15 August, 2012|
|Title reference||The Near-Death Star and the term "death wish"|
- Not to be confused with Near-Death Star.
On 28 July 2011, it was revealed at the San Diego Comic-Con that, in an episode of the seventh production season, Professor Farnsworth's parents would be revealed to be still alive and living in the Near Death Star. On 29 February 2012, CGEF revealed the episode's title, its writer to be Eric Horsted and its director to be Lance Kramer. On 29 June, MSN TV revealed the episode's air date.
On 12 June, following the broadcast of the episode "Zapp Dingbat", the public were given the opportunity to participate in a live chat with the Futurama cast and crew. Several clips of "Near-Death Wish" were shown during the live stream.
A screenshot from the episode shown during the live stream, showing cars approaching Planet Express headquarters.
- In "The Sting", when Fry is believed to die, Farnsworth claims to be the oldest member of his family. However, he only claimed this in one of Leela's dreams.
- ^ a b c d e f Futurama - 'Near-Death Wish' Episode Info. (MSN TV.) Retrieved on 29 June 2012.
- ^ JavieR (27 July 2011). "San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Futurama panel sneak peeks + videos". The Futurama Point. Retrieved on 22 August 2011.
- ^ Episode Guide: 7 ACV. (CGEF.) 29 February 2012. Retrieved on 29 February 2012.
- ^ "Just Fan" (29 February 2012). "Futurama: Futurama News (pre-season 7)". (PEEL.) Retrieved on 29 February 2012.
- ^ "Tastes Like Fry" (12 July 2012). "Newsarama! (Futurama News Thread)" (page 1). (PEEL.) Retrieved on 13 July 2012.