List of revelations about the future
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of revelations about the future in Futurama.
"A Fishful of Dollars" (1ACV06)
- Visa and American Express have not existed for 500 and 600 years, respectively. Discover card still exists though.
- Anchovies were fished to extinction around the same time as Zoidberg's race arrived on Earth through the extensive hunting of the species by the Decapodians.
- Cows are extinct (although it is not stated how they became so).
"Xmas Story" (2ACV04)
- Global warming happened, but nuclear winter canceled it out.
- Christmas is called Xmas and people do not know what Christmas is.
- People say "aks" instead of "ask".
- Pine trees have been extinct for 800 years. The poodle is also extinct. 
- In 2801, the Friendly Robot Company built a robotic Santa to determine who had be naughty and who had been nice and distribute presents accordingly.
"Game of Tones" (7ACV23)
- According to Fry, Kaboom cereal is no longer available.
"Decision 3012" (7ACV03)
- Senator Chris Travers uses the time travel code from Bender's Big Score to come back to 3012 and stop Richard Nixon's Head from getting reelected because of a robot uprising in 3028 lead by Bender Bending Rodriguez. Travers wins, but fades away because if Richard Nixon never won the election, then Travers never came back to stop him.
- The professor does not understand why people in the 21st century would ever pay for freemium games.
- Epcot Center, which in the 21st century contained a futuristic themed land, is a work farm for the weak, but it's not as crowded as the slave-labor camps at Universal Studios. 
- Motherly love was outlawed.
- Each year's Super Bowl losers are shot into space.
- ^ Poodles later appear in "Proposition Infinity" and in "The Mutants Are Revolting".
See also The Mutants Are Revolting#Goofs.
- ^ Universal Studios previously appeared in "That's Lobstertainment!" and in "Calculon 2.0".