Character on The Scary Door
|Date of birth||20 April, 1889|
|Date of death||30 April, 1945|
|Planet of origin||Earth, Europe, Austria-Hungary|
|First appearance||"The Lesser of Two Evils" (2ACV06)|
|Played by||Unnamed Human (3ACV15)|
|Wikipedia has information unrelated to Futurama|
Adolf Hitler in Futurama
His brain was once put in the body of a great white shark by Professor Farnsworth in favour of scientific advances (2ACV10). He is often referenced in popular culture, as well as in common dialogue as a symbol of prejudice. Bender called Fry an Adolf (2ACV06), the steering wheel from Hitler's staff car was used to help build Project Satan (2ACV18), and Hitler was played by an unknown Human actor in the second episode of The Scary Door, a popular TV show in the 31st century (3ACV15).
When the Planet Express crew went to the second universe with a forward time machine, the Professor stopped in the 20th century to shoot Hitler, and was successful (6ACV07). In the third universe, however, Farnsworth didn't manage to kill him, as he hit Eleanor Roosevelt by mistake. (See an explanation of this with a picture.)
Adolf Hitler in The Scary Door.
- He was born exactly 110 years before "Fear of a Bot Planet" first aired on Fox Network. This episode dealt with extremely racist Robots.
- The most common way of keeping Human heads alive is the technology of head jars. For reasons unknown, the scientists at Mars University chose to save Hitler's brain in a very unusual way. (It's possible they didn't actually keep him alive, as he proved himself to be a dangerous person back in the 20th century.)
Fry: Look, I know Flexo's your friend but I don't trust him alone with the atom.
Bender: My God, Fry! Just 'cause the guy's got a beard you label him as evil? Well, I got a label for you, pal: An ugly little word called prejudice.
Fry: I'm not prejudiced.
Bender: Ah, save it for the cross-burning, Adolf!
Professor Farnsworth: Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooh!! Suddenly you've gone too far.
Adolf Hitler: Betrachten Sie meinen Schnurrbart! [Translation in English: Look at my mustache!]
- "The Lesser of Two Evils" (2ACV06)
- "A Clone of My Own" (2ACV10)
- "The Honking" (2ACV18)
- "I Dated a Robot" (3ACV15)
- "The Late Philip J. Fry" (6ACV07)