- January — February
- (14th) (Valentine's Day) Bender dates the ship, dumps it, the ship doesn't take the break-up well and almost crashes itself into a quasar. The crew dumps their cargo of candy hearts into the quasar causing a mystical love radiation that spreads across the universe destroying many, many planets, including two gangster planets and a cowboy world.
- February — December
- Earth moved further from the sun to combat global warming, making the year one week longer– President Richard Nixon declares it Robot Party Week; Professor Farnsworth presented with the Polluting Medal of Pollution.
- Earth v. Zoidberg case held. Zoidberg sentenced to death.
- Decapodians invade Earth, briefly enslave humanity. Old Man Waterfall crushed and killed.
- Fry finds the fossilized remains of his dog, Seymour.
- Zapp v. Fry, Bender and Leela case held. The case never reached a verdict.
- Roboticon 3003 held in New New York; the advanced Robot 1-X model unveiled.