Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Relatives||See "Family" section|
|First appearance||"The Bots and the Bees" (7ACV01)|
|Voiced by||Wanda Sykes|
Bev is a soda machine which sells Walrus Juice, Mountain Goo, Dr. Jitter and three varieties of Slurm, including Slurm Loco. She was impregnated by Bender in 3012 and gave birth to Ben, which added milk to her selection of beverages. (7ACV01).
- Ben, son
- Bev and URL's child, child
Bev was first seen in a character design released by Countdown to Futurama on 2 May 2012  and was later shown with a certificate of abandonment signed by Bender in a promotional picture released by Comedy Central's website. 
A promotional picture showing Bev, Ben and Bender in the Planet Express employee lounge which was released by Comedy Central's website. Bev has a certificate of abandonment signed by Bender on her.
- The name "Bev", an abbreviation of the name "Beverly", is used here as an abbreviation of the word "beverage".
- In a podcast, Matt Groening states that, in terms of character design, Bev differs from his other characters in that, unlike the others, she, "isn't recognizable in silhouette."
- In a podcast, Matt Groening and David X. Cohen both state that while Bev was being designed, it was unsure whether she should be the type of vending machine that drops down a can, or the type that first drops a cup, and then pours the drink into it. They finally opted for the latter, as it would then be much easier for things to go wrong while operating it (Hence adding more humor to the show).
- Yet, she places cups when the drink nozzle is still out.
- ^ Matt Tobey (02 May 2012). Countdown to Futurama: Bev Character Design. (Comedy Centrl [sic].) Retrieved on 02 May 2012.
- ^ Michelle Rosenblatt. Comedy Central Press | Futurama. (Comedy Central.) Retrieved on 05 June 2012.