|First appearance||"Anthology of Interest I" (2ACV16)|
Don Cunningham, better know as the Transition Announcer, also known as the Narrator, is an unseen voiceover that occasionally aids transitions between the scenes of Futurama. There are different narrators for shows appearing within the Futurama universe, such as educational films, The Scary Door, and more. The Transition Announcer, however, is solely a narrator for Futurama itself, and it should be noted that the characters cannot hear this narration.
- Voiced by Billy West in "The Farnsworth Parabox" because Maurice LaMarche was unavailable.
- According to LaMarche, "[T]he voice is basically Calculon doing his first voice-over."
- In the Futurama comics, captions appear the corner of some frames. These are a visual equivalent of the Announcer. His voice was used for the "Futurama Returns" table reading, but the captions can be attributed to any out-of-frame character. At least one caption breaks the fourth wall: in "A Fit Worse than Death," the caption appears on a caption-bot.
Transition Announcer: Stay tuned for more tales of interest!
Transition Announcer: You've watched it! You can't unwatch it!
Fry: The other me lived ten years before dying? I wonder what his life was like.
Scruffy: I guess we'll never know.
Zoidberg: Or will we?
Scruffy: [Bites his fingernails.] Nope.
Transition Announcer: They won't know, but you will. Lucky you.
Transition Announcer: Meanwhile, in Universe-A, Hermes-A heads towards the sun... A.
Transition Announcer: And now, back to the Gunderson's Nuts Holiday Spectacular featuring Futurama.
Transition Announcer: In the blink of her one eye, Leela had a realization so profound that even I, a professional narrator, cannot express it in words you would understand, much less enjoy. But if you think that'll stop me, you don't know Don Cunningham, the true hero of this story!
- "Anthology of Interest I" (2ACV16)
- "Anthology of Interest II" (3ACV18)
- "The Why of Fry" (4ACV10)
- "The Farnsworth Parabox" (4ACV15)
- Bender's Big Score
- Into the Wild Green Yonder
- "In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela" (6ACV02)
- "The Futurama Holiday Spectacular" (6ACV13) canon
- "Reincarnation" (6ACV26) canon
- Most comics; most notably, the table read of "Futurama Returns" (US#S02)