Commentary:A Flight to Remember
|← Previous||Navigation in production order||Next →|
|A Flight to Remember|
|On DVD||Season 1|
Topics of Discussion
- This episode was broadcast as the first episode of the second season although it's in the first season
- Leonardo DiCaprio was asked to be in this episode
- The Titanic was the hardest 3D model
- Ironically, Dr. Zoidberg is in a luxury room
- Countess de la Roca isn't actually named after a crew member Claudia de la Roca
- The episode has five different subplots, which is unusual
- Each of the nebulae have a color
- The Titanic is seen in a future episode during a flashback
- Bender's neck isn't affected by magnets, so he can wear the magnetic bow tie without singing folk songs
- The episode is one part 'Titanic', two parts 'Love Boat' and one part 'Three's Company'
- Matt has never seen 'Titanic', 'Love Boat' or 'Three's Company' (or Star Trek!)
- Stars were hard to animate, as they are in so many scenes
- They always use songs without copyright, so they don't have to pay
- Fans apparently post complaints on the Internet that Fry and Leela aren't together yet
- This episode features lots of music
- Kif and Amy's relationship was meant to be a joke, but in later seasons they developed a strong relationship
Highlights / Quotes
Eric Horsted: I had to watch the movie to write the episode but I just ended up crying.
David X. Cohen: Take that you *******!!
Peter Avanzino: I miss the cold opening!
David X. Cohen: I have never seen Titanic.