|First appearance||"I, Roommate" (1ACV03)|
|Wikipedia has information unrelated to Futurama|
It is not known if the owls seen in the 31st century are the same species of owls that are known in the 21st century, or if they are an alien species or the result of some experiment. They seem to be much less shy towards humans compared to their counterpart in our time, much like 21st century pigeons.
The owl was at some time introduced to New New York to wipe out rats and pigeons. While the owls proved largely successful, they themselves replaced both species as the most prevalent pests in New New York. Owls are still capable of flight but feed on trash and have been seen exiting holes in walls, suggesting they live there.
Owls are usually caught in owl traps, such as "DEF-CON Owl Traps", the operation of which sounds much like a 21st century mouse or rat trap. They occasionally also get caught in spider webs. Walt, Larry and Igner posed as "Smother Bros. Pest Control" who are exterminators, deal with disposing of owls and a variety of other pests.
- In the non-canon anime sequence of "Reincarnation", multiple owls circle the Planet Express headquarters.
- Owls appear in the first level of the Futurama game, standing on top of cameras at the headquarters.
Hermes: Concerning our pest problem: Somebody's been leaving food around and it's attracting owls. And I, for one, am getting tired of cleaning those owl traps [A trap snaps and an owl hoots.] .
- "I, Roommate" (1ACV03)
- "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back" (2ACV11)
- "Parasites Lost" (3ACV02)
- "Bendless Love" (3ACV06)
- "The Cyber House Rules" (3ACV09)
- Bender's Big Score
- Bender's Game
- "Lethal Inspection" (6ACV06)
- "Reincarnation" (6ACV26) 
- Futurama (video game)