|First appearance||"Kif Gets Knocked Up a Notch" (4ACV01)|
The Holo-Shed is a room on the Nimbus that is able to create solid virtual worlds that could be explored and interacted with at the user's will. Zapp Brannigan and Kif Kroker were both users of the room. It sometimes malfunctions though, causing the virtual characters to become real and sentient, wreaking havoc on the ship. The holoshed is, of course, a parody of Star Trek's Holodeck.
The following programs are written for the Holo-Shed, so far, we have only seen Kif's own creations, all showing the life he and Amy could have.
- A landscape with a small house and snow-capped mountains in the background. Spirit is also seen in this scene. She is the horse Amy wanted as a child.
- A nighttime place by a moonlit Tranquilibrius Sea. The moon is removable.
- A castle in the skies. Unfortunately, this is the program that malfunctioned, and where the History's Greatest Villains appeared. Oddly enough, while to most viewers, its name may seem like a random assortment of characters,
://is a common syntax option in URIs, with the protocol name on the left, and the URL on the right, e.g.
httpis the protocol and
theinfosphere.orgis the URL. Its name may suggest that Kif has written his own protocol. See URI scheme.
- Has malfunctioned before, and Zapp got 3 paternity suits out of it, which again contributes to his sexual longing.
- Apparently runs programs written in BASIC, as mentioned by Kif. It is unclear if it can run other programming languages, or if it runs exclusively BASIC.