|Galactic Entity appeared on the Infosphere's Main Page as the featured article for Fortnight 13, 2009. This article (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best produced by the Infosphere community. If you can update or improve it, please do.|
I request that we change the name to "God-Space Entity". "Galactic Entity" just dosen't sound right. It doesn't imply that it is a God. Ziekerz 20:42, 10 August 2007 (PDT)
- The original name, when still on the religion page, was "the remains of a computerised space probe that collided with God" Here's an old discussion on the naming. - Quolnok 20:57, 10 August 2007 (PDT)
Same as Robot God?
Thegreyanomaly posted this on my talk page this morning:
- "I think these two should not be on different articles. I think the former is merely a different form of the former. Bender does refer to the former as "Oi, this guy..." indicating Bender knows him. Since Bender does know the Galactic Entity, I think it is clear that he knows/thinks these two to be the same. How do you think this should be addressed on the articles. Thegreyanomaly 03:21, 4 July 2011 (CEST)"
I really fail to see that the two are the same character, for several reasons.
- Bender referring to Robot God as "this guy" is a joke, the point of which is the degrading of a grande figure because, let's face it, Bender is great. It's the same basic joke as if he would have said "oh, you're just God, I don't care", but in better wording. It is not an indication that the two know eachother.
- The point of the Galactic Entity is that it is not certain that he really is God, but that it doesn't really matter. The whole point of his character is to be mysterious, and it hints at the common idea that the lord works in mysterious ways. The point with Robot God, however, is to make an obvious joke about God in the same sense that Robot Devil is a joke about parodying the Devil.
- As the article say, Robot God was originally appearing in 1ACV09, two seasons before the first appearance of the Galactic Entity.
- In the Galactic Entity's first appearance, he seems rather unaware of the world outside of him, and he doesn't understand English. He is also confused by the realization that he might be God. This seems to blow right in the face of Robot God, who lives in a very typical heaven-like place, and who knows Bender's name. Hell, the letters "R H" on the pearly gates even indicate that he really is aware that he is in "Robot Heaven".