"Captain Brannigan: The Windbag Soldier" is the seventy-sixth comic issue, released on 2 September, 2015  in the US.
At last it can be told, the true story of DOOP's greatest hero, Zapp Brannigan! We're talking about the "universal" super soldier who kept the galaxy safe time and time again with his faithful friend and first officer Kif Kroker at his side... and not the buffoonish windbag who continues to fail upwards much to that same ill-fated first officer's frequent embarrassment.
- Based on Mom and Farnsworth's hair styles, the flashbacks presumably take place closer to 2927 ("The Tip of the Zoidberg") than 30 years before Bender's Game. However Nixon didn't become president until 3000 in "A Head in the Polls". Also during this 2900s flashback, Zapp has designed and begun wearing he velour uniforms that were new in early 3000 during McNeal's presidency.
- Glab and DOOP appear to report to the president.
- Nixon and Glab manage to remain unaware of Brannigan's incompetence throughout the series, but are very aware here before the events of the series.
- The statue of Zapp on Teslatron  appears to be wearing his Marveleers uniform. He was already incompetent by the time he started wearing that uniform.
- The uniform that Zapp wears on the cover art of the issue is never actually seen in the comic itself.
- (In alphabetic order)
Notes and References