The Late Philip J. Fry
|← Previous||Navigation in production order||Next →|
|Season 6 episode|
Broadcast season 7 episode
|The Late Philip J. Fry|
|First air date||29 July, 2010|
The Professor invents a one-way time machine  which can only go forwards, the Professor and Fry try to go forward one minute but they're sent 1,000 years ahead instead. They then keep going further and further to find a backward machine. It is also known that an elderly Amy Wong, with a robot body, will appear.
- Main article: Storyboard:The Late Philip J. Fry
Another storyboard released from Act 1 of "The Late Philip J. Fry" previews a scene entitled "Time-Machine". In this scene, we see the Professor showing his time machine to Fry and Bender, then Bender says that he can't go back in time.
The Table read for this episode took place on 21 October 2009 with Maurice LaMarche commenting through his Facebook page that this episode is: "Hilarious, touching, meaningful, philosophical, even metaphysical. And did I mention, hilarious?"
Another person present at the table read said that this episode is "the Emmy shot".
- ^ Tobey, Matt (23 June 2010). "Countdown to Futurama: Time Travel". Comedy Central Insider. Retrieved on 23 June 2010.
- ^ a b c The Late Philip J. Fry Episode Info. (MSN TV.) 01 June 2010. Retrieved on 01 June 2010.
- ^ "the Professor invents a time machine that only goes forward in time. Once they start going, there is no hope of return. And the initial goal is to just go a minute forward into the" — Cohen, David
Snierson, Dan (25 May 2010). "Futurama Exclusive: Exec producer David X. Conhen Previews the return". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on 25 May 2010.
- ^ Tobey, Matt (16 June 2010). "Countdown to Futurama: Elderly Robot Amy". Comedy Central Inisder. Retrieved on 16 June 2010.
- ^ a b "PatchChord_Adams" (22 October 2009). ""Hot Diggity Daffodil, Futurama's back!" (News thread) (No spoilers)" Page 2. (PEEL.) Retrieved on 22 October 2009.