|Planet of origin||Earth|
|First appearance||"Future Stock" (3ACV21)|
|Voiced by||David Herman|
That Guy, referred to in the script only as Steve Castle, is a stock broker from the 1980s who had a fatal disease called boneitis, since there was no cure at the time, he froze himself until a cure was found.
After awaking the cryogenics in 3002, he met Philip J. Fry at a support group meeting for defrostees. That Guy, being a former stock broker, was looking for a new beginning in the future. Together with Fry, he became the new CEO of Planet Express at their stockholder meeting. That Guy completely changed Planet Express' way of working, by focusing on appearances rather than actual work force. A trick he had learnt from his days in the 1980s.
That Guy wanted to beat Mom's Friendly Delivery Company, and found himself in a negotiation meeting with Mom. But contrary to what Fry had believed in him, he ended up selling Planet Express to Mom. At the Intergalactic Stock Exchange, PlanEx (his new name for Planet Express) was to be taken over by Mom. And with the stocks he bought from Dr. Zoidberg, he had majority control of the company, so the sale went ahead.
Unfortunately, during the sale, his fatal disease, boneitis, began its final stages and killed That Guy while he was upon the stage. Fry, as vice-chairman of the company took over the company and his stock. However, the rest of the crew wasn't willing to keep working with the high value of each stock, well, that was until the stock fell to 0.03 dollars after the stockbrokers discovered who Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth really was, and Fry ended up cancelling the deal.
- This character's name as listed in the script is Steve Castle, but he is only ever called "That Guy" in the show.
- In The Beast with a Billion Backs, That Guy can be seen in the "Space Farm" insurance building, during the beginning of Yivo's invasion, even though he died during Season 3. Whether this is a goof or he was revived is unknown, but given lack of information, a goof is a likely suggestion.
- Steve Castle: Awesome. Awesome to the max!
- Steve Castle: My only regret is... that I have... boneitis!
- Steve Castle: Fry, I'm an 80's guy. Friendship to me means that for 2 dollars I would beat you with a pool stick until you got detached retinas.