R2-D2 is a robot in the Star Wars fictional universe, where he is called a droid. Futurama has referenced the character a few times.
References to R2-D2 in Futurama
- In "The Birdbot of Ice-Catraz", after Bender short-circuits in the ice, he makes one of the sounds that R2-D2 makes.
- In "Obsoletely Fabulous", when Bender is playing with the robot scratching post, there is an object resembling R2-D2 in the foreground.
- In Bender's Big Score, when Nudar shoots Michelangelo's David, there is a robot identical to R2-D2 in the background. 
- In "A Clockwork Origin", at the Museum of Natural Robo-History, there is a robot identical to R2-D2 on display.
- In "Assie Come Home", at Hedonismbot's mansion, a robot resembling R2-D2 spanks a scientist from the Academy of Inventors.
- In the game, after Bender is injured, he sometimes makes an R2-D2 sound.
- In "The Fry and the Furious!", a robot identical to R2-D2 responds to Zapp Brannigan's use of the phrase "are too".
- In "How to Secede Without Really Trying", at one of the press conferences, there is a robot resembling R2-D2 in the background.
- In "The Board Game Games", the throne that Bender sits on is made of, among other things, parts identical to those of R2-D2.
- ^ This may be one of the "glories of history" that Bender steals.