Game of Drones
|Game of Drones|
|Written by||Dave Grossman, |
Patric M. Verrone
|Rating(s)||PEGI 12 |
|Title reference||The T.V. series Game of Thrones|
Game of Drones is a Futurama match 3 puzzle video game  developed by German-based video-game developer Wooga  and the second Futurama video game, after 2003's self-titled console game. It was announced on 8 July 2015.  The title was revealed on 23 November 2015. 
The game takes players on a journey with the Planet Express crew as they fight a desperately imbalanced trade war against longtime shipping rival MomCo. While delivering dangerous cargo to hazardous locations under ill-advised circumstances, players connect groups of delivery drones to solve an array of fiendish puzzles as they venture into iconic environments from the Futurama universe. 
- The game's title is a reference to the T.V. series Game of Thrones.
- Drones were previously referenced in The Beast with a Billion Backs and "Fun on a Bun".
- In "Simpsorama", which aired roughly eight months before the game's announcement, the professor, while in 2014, tells Fry, Leela, and Bender to find out why people in this time period would ever pay for freemium games.
- ^ a b c d Fox Digital Entertainment and Wooga announce partnership to create Futurama game. (Wooga Blog.) 23 November 2015. Retrieved on 24 November 2015.
- ^ a b c Futurama: Game of Drones - Android Apps on Google Play. (Google Play.) Retrieved on 24 November 2015.
- ^ Carter Dotson (08 July 2015). A 'Futurama' Mobile Game is Coming, Just Shut up and Take my Money. (Touch Arcade.) Retrieved on 09 July 2015.