Yancy Fry Sr.
|Yancy Fry Sr.|
|Date of birth||1948 |
|Planet of origin||Earth|
|Relatives||See Family section.|
|First appearance||"The Luck of the Fryrish" (3ACV04)|
|Voiced by||John DiMaggio|
Yancy Fry Sr. is the father of Yancy Fry Jr. and Philip J. Fry who lived in a completely trashed house somewhere in Flatbush, Brooklyn. He was a Vietnam veteran and spent most of his time building a nuclear bomb shelter for fear of a communist attack. His worries about the Y2K computer bug made him believe it was the cause of Philip's disappearance. Yancy Sr. and Mrs. Fry did not care about their son and thought sending him to school was a waste of tax money and did not bother much looking for him when he was frozen on New Year's Day, 2000.
- Philip J. Fry, father and younger son
- Mrs. Fry, wife
- Yancy Fry, Jr., elder son and great-grandson
- Philip J. Fry, II, grandson and great-great-grandson
- Enos Fry, step-father
- Mildred Fry, mother
- Professor Farnsworth, distant grandson
- Cubert Farnsworth, the Professor's clone
- Turanga Leela, daughter-in-law and step-mother
- Mr. and Mrs. Gleisner, parents-in-law
Yancy Fry Sr. actually did care a lot about his son, as shown in the episode "Cold Warriors." Yancy Jr. and Phillip went ice fishing in the 1980s, when Fry was a young teenager. When Fry fell through ice, his father saved him. Yancy Fry Sr. would often invoke dramatic irony, telling his cold son to "bundle up" as he did not want him to freeze. Yancy Fry Sr. was a soldier and fought in the Vietnam war. He did this in style by wearing a camouflage tuxedo which his son Yancy Jr. wore at his wedding.
- According to Philip...
- Was once trapped in a Swiss glacier for an entire week, eating nothing but frozen Neanderthals. (6ACV24)
- Was once a door-to-door trampoline salesman and never took a single day off, even when he broke his spine. (6ACV24)
Nurse: It's a boy! And look at that red hair!
Yancy Fry Sr.: You sayin' my boy's a commie?
Yancy Fry Sr.: So what should we name him?
Mrs. Fry: You pick, I picked dinner last night.
Yancy Fry Sr.: Well, I was thinking of Philip after those screwdrivers.
Yancy Fry Sr.: Yancy, here's your new brother, Philip.
Young Yancy Fry Jr.: I wanna be Philip! Me Philip!
Yancy Fry Sr.: Son, your name is Yancy, just like me and my grandfather and so on. All the way back to minuteman Yancy Fry, who blasted commies in the American Revolution.
- "Mars University" (1ACV11)
- "When Aliens Attack" (1ACV12)
- "Put Your Head on My Shoulders" (2ACV07)
- "The Luck of the Fryrish" (3ACV04)
- "Jurassic Bark" (4ACV07)
- Bender's Big Score
- "Fry Am the Egg Man" (6ACV22)
- "Cold Warriors" (6ACV24)
- "Game of Tones" (7ACV23)
- "Twice Told Tales of Interest" (US#024)
- "Troop Grit" (US#061)