Mutant Atomic Supermen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mutant Atomic Supermen|
|Location||New New York, Earth|
|First appearance||"Time Keeps on Slippin'" (3ACV14)|
The Mutant Atomic Supermen are a group of male, mutated basketball players and creations Professor Farnsworth has always fantasized about making. He created them for real when the Globetrotters challenged Earth to a basketball game. He was able to create them as mere atomic superboys, but required the crew to gather Chronitons from the Tempus Nebula to grow them into adults. The Supermen were winning against the Globetrotters by the score of 48-42 until Aracneon was killed and replaced with Fry, who lost the game 244-86 when Ethan "Bubblegum" Tate threw the basketball backwards half-court.
Members and Respective Abilities
- Lazar is capable of performing an optic blast.
- Grotrian is able to stretch his body.
- Thorias has a cannon in his chest.
- Armo is a five-armed mutant, whose fifth arm is a right arm on his back.
- Aracneon is a spider-like mutant.
- Professor Fransworth mentioned Atomic Supermen in "A Fishful of Dollars".
- Lazar is a possible parody of Cyclops, leader of the X-Men, while Grotrian is a possible parody of Mister Fantastic, leader of the Fantastic Four.
- Armo and Lazar were only named in the commentary.
- Grotrian is named for a brand of piano, and looks very similar to Walt.
- Thorias and Arachneon are the only members that speak. Interestingly, the former kills the latter.
- Armo does not seem to have a navel.